7 books, 8 movies. Today we pay our special tribute to the work of JK Rowling with this compilation of the best quotes from the Harry Potter saga , which has become one of the greatest literary and cinematographic phenomena of the past decade that has dazzled adults and children alike.
- More phrases: 20 Game of Thrones phrases to remember.
85 Harry Potter phrases from the books and movies
Only true Pottermaniacs learn the phrases from the books and movies by heart. Are you one of them?
1. You are a wizard, Harry (Rubeus Hagrid)
Young Potter received the news of his magical powers on his eleventh birthday.
2. Even in the world of magic hearing voices is not a good sign (Hermione Granger)
Apparently, magicians also suffer from schizophrenic symptoms .
3. I’d rather face a dragon (Harry Potter)
Fighting a raging fire-breathing dragon can be less dangerous than asking a girl to be your dance partner.
4. Brilliant, Snape! Once again you put your incisive mind to work and once again you fail in your conclusion (Sirius Black)
When everyone assumed that Sirius Black was the main villain of the third volume, JK Rowling took a turn of the wheel that completely changed the sense of history .
5. Does my name make you funny?
I don’t need to ask you yours: redhead and second-hand tunic. YOU MUST BE A WEASLEY! (Draco Malfoy)
Harry and Ron would earn the enmity of the cocky and slicked-back Slytherin as soon as they entered the school.
6. It is not our abilities that show how we are, but our choices (Albus Dumbledore)
Most of the deeper and more thoughtful phrases are provided by the Hogwarts headmaster.
7. Harry Potter must not return to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year (Dobby)
At the beginning of the second book (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets) we met the cute house elf Dobby.
8. I solemnly swear this is a prank (George Weasley)
It was necessary to say these words for the ‘Marauder’s Map’ to work.
9. I tried to put him in the water instead… (Myrtle, ‘the Weeping One’)
The nosy ghost from the boys’ bathroom had a special soft spot for the young wizard from Gryffindor.
10. Do you need another place to dispose of your gum other than under your desk, Mr. Finnegan
‘Mad-Eye’ Moody kept a terrible secret under his scars.
11. It’s clear that fame isn’t everything, is it, Mr. Potter
The charismatic Alan Rickman gave us a brilliant performance as the unyielding Potions teacher and ex-Death eater .
12. The wand chooses his wizard, Mr. Potter, it’s never entirely clear why (Garrick Ollivander)
The best wands in the Wizarding World were created by the skilled craftsman who ran his business in Diagon Alley.
13. It’s an exciting adventure, isn’t it?
Breaking the rules (Hermione Granger)
It seemed that Hermione was a bookworm and nothing more, until Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix showed us that she was also up for the fight.
14. Perhaps it would be more useful to transform Mr. Potter and you into a pocket watch, so at least one of the two would be punctual (Minerva McGonagall)
Being late on the first day of class is not the best idea .
15. How the lies have fed your legend! (Lord Voldemort)
Voldemort acquired a new corporeal form in the fourth book, after several frustrated attempts.
16. I see that like many before you, you have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised (Albus Dumbledore)
If you stood before this mirror, what would you like to see
17. No one has asked your opinion, you disgusting Mudblood (Draco Malfoy)
A few wizards believed that those born to non-magical people should be classified as ‘mudbloods’.
18. “Oculus Repair”! (Hermione Granger)
A very useful spell when wearing glasses .
19. Severus… PLEASE (Albus Dumbledore)
Headmaster Dumbledore begs for mercy in the last moments of his life in one of the saddest Harry Potter quotes in the entire saga.
20. “Kill me
” Voldemort wanted to kill me… I
The Dark Lord didn’t care that Harry was just a baby: he had to kill him by all means.
21. Too bad he doesn’t punish himself like before! There was a time when he punished himself by hanging by his thumbs in the dungeons… How I miss the screaming! (Argus Filch)
The master of the keys to Hogwarts castle was one of the most gloomy characters in the entire series.
22. Not all magicians are good; some fail. Years ago, there was a wizard who was ruined until he could not (Rubeus Hagrid)
Harry Potter did not know the truth about the death of his parents until Hagrid did not tell him.
23. AVADA KEDAVRA! (Peter Pettigrew, “Wormtail”)
In both the books and the movies, many characters fall to the worst of the ‘Unforgivable Curses.’ We are left with the spell received by the ill-fated Cedric Diggory, who dies when he and Harry end up being transported to the graveyard after touching the enchanted cup. A traumatic moment for many .
24. Neither of them can live while the other is still alive (‘The Prophecy’)
The fate of Harry and Voldemort is written in a prophecy contained in a crystal ball. One of these verses contains the most intriguing revelation, the meaning of which would not be revealed until the last book.
25. You would have loved it, huh, Potter
: “The famous magician Harry Potter, not even in a bookstore avoids being the protagonist” (Draco Malfoy)
26. Your father left this in my possession before he died, it’s time for you to be Returned. Use it well (Albus Dumbledore)
The Headmaster hid a valuable present that he gives Harry on his first Christmas at Hogwarts.
27. Eyes like a devil has. And a soul as dark as his name. It’s him, director, the one everyone talks about. He is here, inside the castle! Sirius Black! (The Fat Lady)
In the third episode of the magical saga, we were led to believe that Sirius was the villain, but it wasn’t quite like that.
28. This guy will be famous. There will not be a child in our world who does not know his name (Minerva McGonagall)
And so it was. His story made him a legend among wizards .
29. If Voldemort is raising an army, I want to fight (Harry Potter)
‘The Order of the Phoenix’ had some of the most powerful wizards, including Harry himself.
30. Being me has its advantages (Albus Dumbledore)
Being able to ignore the laws of the school was one of many.
31. Do you know what it is
(…) “Veritaserum”: three drops and even you-know-who would spit out his darkest secrets (Severus Snape)
Someone had gone through the Potions teacher’s belongings and he didn’t seem to like it too much.
32. The master has given a garment to Dobby! (Dobby)
And that was how the house elf was free at last.
33. Why ‘spiders’
? Why can’t we follow butterflies
! (Ron Weasley)
The vast majority of funny phrases in Harry Potter are made by Ron. The redhead is not very happy to follow the trail of some small spiders deep into the forest.
34. I see what I want and I see myself with the stone in my hand. But how do I get it
The affable Professor Quirrell hid a terrible truth that no one knew how to foresee.
35. The world isn’t just divided into goodies and Death Eaters. We all have light and darkness within us. What matters is which part we decide to promote. That’s who we really are (Sirius Black)
Harry couldn’t help but feel a connection that brought him dangerously close to the Dark Lord.
36. You have the emotional capacity of a brick (Hermione Granger)
And Ron was not particularly sensitive when it came to empathizing.
37. Is it true that you can summon a Patronus
Harry taught his friends to defend themselves using this spell that only the most prepared could perform.
38. There is no light without darkness, the same happens in magic, I always try to live in the light. And I suggest you do the same (Horace Slughorn)
The sixth form Potions teacher told young Tom Riddle about the dark magic that would allow him to split his soul.
39. You will regret this, you and your deformed chicken! (Draco Malfoy)
The hippogriff Buckbeak left Draco badly injured after he got too smart.
40. The deadly curse… Only one person has survived it and he is in this classroom (Alastor Moody)
Professor Moody had very unorthodox methods when he taught his classes, for example killing a spider with a deadly curse after torturing it.
41. he is coming back tonight. Tonight, the one who betrayed his friends, whose heart rots for murder, will be free. Innocent blood will be shed and servant and lord will soon meet once again (Sybill Trelawney)
The clairvoyant played by Emma Thompson pronounced these dark words, in which it was clear that the future did not bode well for the magical world .
42. You may not like him, Minister, but you can’t deny that Dumbledore has style (Wickley Shacklebolt)
Dumbledore had no intention of going to Azkaban “just like that”.
43. You possess many of the qualities that Voldemort most admired: determination, inventiveness and, if you will allow me, a certain disdain for the rules (Albus Dumbledore)
Nobody could hide anything from old Dumbledore.
44. It is a horrible crime to sacrifice a unicorn, drinking the blood of a unicorn keeps you alive even if you are on the verge of death, but at a high price (Firenze)
The centaur Firenze saved Harry Potter from his encounter with a spectral figure that had slain a unicorn in the Forbidden Forest.
45. Does it hurt
? To die
One of the most emotional moments occurs in The Deathly Hallows, when the protagonist prepares to face his destiny.
46. Oh! And don’t forget, when you’re done, tap it and say, “Mischief done!” if not, anyone could read it (Fred and George Weasley)
The Weasley twins entrust Harry with the ‘Marauder’s Map’, so that he can escape to Hogsmeade unseen.
47. Do you think he was going to keep using my dirty muggle name
No, I was given a new name, a name all wizards would be afraid to utter when I became the world’s greatest wizard (Tom Riddle).
The handsome young man whose memory was kept alive by a diary revealed his true identity at the end of the second installment.
48. Oh come on, Harry! The Ministry doesn’t send anyone to Azkaban for blowing up his aunt (Cornelius Fudge)
. Luckily, there would be no punishment for Harry for turning his aunt into a hot air balloon.
49. That’s why you’re famous, that’s why everyone knows your name: you’re the boy who survived (Rubeus Hagrid)
With this nickname it would be how wizards around the world would know the son of James and Lily Potter.
50. Sirius Black was, and has been to this day, the godfather of Harry Potter (Minerva Mcgonnagall)
While walking through Hogsmeade covered with his invisibility cloak, Harry learned a terrifying truth .
- More quotes from the cinema: 60 phrases from movies that have made history.
51. The house of Godric Griffindor has earned the respect of the Wizarding World for nearly 10 centuries. I won’t let you sully that name over the course of an afternoon by behaving like a gang of drooling, goofy baboons (Minerva Mcgonagall)
Only Harry Potter quotes get their own YouTube remix.
52. Neville Longbottom, right
? How about mom and dad
Bellatrix Lestrange made an appearance after escaping from Azkaban prison.
53.Harry Potter. The boy who survived. Come to die (Lord Voldemort)
It seemed that this was going to be the end, but no.
54. It hurts again, doesn’t it
The scar (Hermione Granger)
The ‘Dark Mark’ appearing in the sky during the Quidditch World Cup was not a good sign.
55. Happiness can be found even in the darkest moments; if we are able to use light well (Albus Dumbledore)
With this hopeful speech, a new course at Hogwarts began.
56. “Potentially troublesome”
When was the last time you held your breath underwater for 1 hour, Hermione
The tests that the Triwizard Tournament tested the ingenuity of the participants.
57. Only one will die tonight… (Sirius Black)
Harry Potter’s godfather made such an appearance after being searched and captured.
58. Do you dare use my own spells against me, Potter?
Yes, I am the Half-Blood Prince (Severus Snape)
After murdering Dumbledore, Snape revealed himself as the owner of the book that had helped Harry so much in Potions.
59. What a beautiful place to be with friends… Dobby is happy to be with her friend Harry Potter (Dobby)
Few words bring tears to our eyes as much as this dramatic scene does.
60. Are you tense, Potter?
My father and I have made a bet: I say you won’t last 10 minutes in this Tournament… He differs, he thinks you will last 5 (Draco Malfoy)
Being unexpectedly selected as the fourth participant in the The Triwizard Tournament was a smear campaign for poor Harry.
61.Harry Potter. We meet again (Lord Voldemort)
After ten years, Harry and Voldemort saw each other’s faces again… Somehow.
62. We don’t even know that Tom Riddle… He seems like a fucking sneak to me (Ron Weasley)
The three friends were convinced that it was Hagrid who opened the Chamber of Secrets and let loose the monster that ended the life of a student around 50 years.
63. I’m not an owl! (Hermione Granger)
The exceptional wizard had to mediate between Harry and Ron when they stopped talking during the Triwizard Tournament; something that she ended up exhausting.
64. If you want to know how someone is, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals (Sirius Black)
Sirius passed on wise knowledge to his godson about judging people not for who they are, but for how they are with their peers.
65. You are the weak one and you will never know what love or friendship is; and I feel sorry for you (Harry Potter)
Despite everything he had suffered, there was one thing Harry counted on that Lord Voldemort had never received: love.
66. Hey, look: Weasley got a howler! (Seamus Finnegan)
Ronald Weasley received a terrifying letter from his mother after learning that he had stolen (and vandalized) his father’s car to get to school.
67. Face your fears! (Remus Lupine)
The third-grade Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher taught students that laughter can deal with any of our fears.
68. Beautiful day on Sunday. In my opinion, the best day. And why, Dudley
The hateful Dursleys made summer the most hateful time of year for Harry.
69. How dare you take his place
? Tell them what happened that night: tell them how you looked a man who trusted you in the eyes and killed him! TELL IT! (Harry Potter)
In the last film of the saga, this defiant declaration takes place , when he returns to the school to fight the forces of Lord Voldemort and reveal that it was Snape who murdered Dumbledore.
70. Fearing a name only increases the fear of the named (Hermione Granger)
Hermione is undoubtedly the wisest witch of her generation.
71. Climb with the egg and reflect while you relax in the water (Cedric Diggory)
Harry’s opponent during the Triwizard Tournament had no qualms about giving him a cable to solve the riddle of the second task.
72. You may be sick of hearing this but you are the spitting image of your father. Except his eyes. You have… (Sirius Black)
“My mother’s eyes”, Harry always responded to the refrain that everyone dedicated to him.
73. “Enemies of the Heir, be afraid!” You’ll be next, Mudblood
. Was Draco the heir to Slytherin?
That’s what the three friends believed.
74. I’m sorry, teacher, but I must not tell lies (Harry Potter)
“Where they give them, they take them.” Dolores Umbridge learned this valuable lesson the hard way.
75. This is the second time she has spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Is she unable to contain herself or does she take special pride in being an insufferable know-it-all
There was no denying the Slytherin headmaster great wit in her scathing remarks.
76. You are a fool, Harry Potter. And you will lose EVERYTHING (Lord Voldemort) It turned
out that Harry was right: the Dark Lord had returned .
77. In class, you make a mistake and you can try again; but out there, when you are one second away from being killed or seeing how a friend dies before your very eyes… You don’t know what that is (Harry Potter)
The protagonist magician warned his friends of the danger they were running, assuming the risk of accompanying him in your adventures.
78. My father kills me (Ronald Weasley)
They had just escaped certain death, but what Ron was worried about was the reprimand he would receive for having destroyed his father’s car again.
79. Harry, it is not about your similarities, but about your differences (Albus Dumbledore)
During the course of the series, we perceived how the protagonist was concerned about his similarities with Voldemort. However, both wizards were polar opposites.
80. You and Black are the same: sentimental children always complaining about how bitter and unfair their lives have been. It may have escaped your observation, but life is not fair (Severus Snape)
Even though Snape helped Harry to protect himself from Voldemort reading his mind, the professor had not left aside his cruel side.
81. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be compassionate (Albus Dumbledore)
The Headmaster warned the students not to bother the dementors guarding the castle.
82. Is this what my hair looks like from the back?
They were on a mission against the clock,Hermione used to notice how her past self wore her hair .
83. I will deal with anyone who calls me a liar (Harry Potter)
Harry always maintained that he saw Lord Voldemort and that he almost killed him, although no one believed him.
84. I’m just Harry. Harry to dry (Harry Potter)
The protagonist did not enter the head that his story was so important.
85. Always (Severus Snape)
With this beautiful statement, we finally understood Snape’s role in the whole plot.
- You can also read: 42 questions for elementary school children (with answers).
All the news and news about cinema and series of the moment, you will find them in this link.