One of the most beautiful experiences you can live is to go to one of the best music festivals in the world. It’s not only about the groups and artists that play on stage (which too), but about the people you meet and the mixture of cultures that you breathe. Here is a list of the best festivals in the world , events that you have to attend at least once in your life.
- You may also be interested in: The 5 weirdest and craziest music festivals in the world.
The 10 best rated music festivals
Each one offers a different experience, but if you are a music lover in all its expression you will know how to enjoy all of them. Go saving to live an incredible experience.
10. Primavera Sound (Spain)
One of the best festivals in the world for always being at the forefront of electronic music , although it offers performances of the most varied genres. In short, it is a commitment to dance and underground music, with a lineup of already established bands and new artists.
- Date: From May 30 to June 5.
- Featured bands and artists: Bjork, C. Tangana. Chvrches, Arctic Monkeys, Fermin Muguruza, Alex G, The Breeders.
9. Bilbao BBK Live (Spain)
What better place than Mount Cobetas, right next to Bilbao, to host one of the most beautiful festivals with the best lineup in the world. The Bilbao BBK Live has an excellent atmosphere and the party goes on until very late (which, on the other hand, is very Spanish). The festival has always stood out for a poster with top-of-the-line rock and indie artists .
- Date: From July 12 to 14.
- Featured Bands & Artists: Florence + The Machine, The XX, The Chemical Brothers, Gorillaz, Noel Gallagher.
8. Ultra Music Festival Miami (United States)
We now cross the pond to attend one of the reference events of electronic music . This is the Ultra Music Festival that is held every year in Miami and that brings together the most important DJs in the world. The event coincides with the Winter Music Conference, so Miami becomes the world capital of music on those days.
- Date: From March 23 to 25.
- Featured Bands & Artists: Axwell & Ingrossso, Steve Aoki, David Guetta, Hardwell, Modestep, Alan Walker, Benny Benassi.
7. Burning Man (United States)
This is one of the best festivals in the world not only for music, but for the activities that take place for seven days throughout the Black Rock desert in Nevada. An experience difficult to forget in which each and every one of the attendees can feel absolutely in harmony.
- Date: From August 26 to September 3.
- Outstanding bands and artists: Although the venue hosts some musical performances, the festival stands out for its spectacular nature and its free spirit.
6. Download Festival (England)
If your thing is open horns, distorted guitars and good vibes, you can’t miss the Download Festival in Donnington Park. The festival hosts performances by old rock glories and new emerging bands , although the best of all is the pleasant atmosphere that is breathed in the venue. In 2017 the Spanish edition was released, which is held in Madrid.
- Date: From June 8 to 10.
- Featured Bands & Artists: Ozzy Osbourne, Marilyn Manson, Guns & Roses, Black Stone Cherry, Volbeat, You Me At Six, Neck Deep.
5. Rock Am Ring (Germany)
We continue with what is probably the best rock music festival : Germany’s Rock Am Ring and its twin event, Rock Im Park. One of the largest festivals in Europe, and also one of the longest-running, brings together the hottest artists of the moment on stage.
- Date: From June 1 to 2.
- Featured Bands & Artists: 30 Seconds to Mars, Muse, Gorillaz, Foo Fighters, Snow Patrol, Deftones, Biffy Clyro.
4. Glastonbury Festival (England)
Glastonbury is an example to follow in terms of organization and good vibes. Leaving aside music (the strong point of any festival), it is known for hosting artists from different performing arts such as dance, theater, circus or cabaret. An unforgettable experience.
- Date: From June 26 to 30, 2019.
- Featured bands and artists: Unfortunately, the organization has decided to take a sabbatical year, although we are sure that in 2019 the event will be a success again.
3. Tomorrowland (Belgium)
If you can’t help but bounce with each beat and electronic music runs through your veins, Tomorrowland in Belgium is a must. Some have described it as the most spectacular festival in the world , and the organization spares no expense in terms of staging. On the other hand, the artists who pass through the stage are the most prestigious on the planet.
- Date: From July 20 to 22.
- Featured Bands & Artists: Alan Walker, Axwell & Ingrosso, Carl Cox, San Holo, Steve Aoki, Hardwell, Lil Pump.
2. Lollapalooza (United States)
Another classic among classics, which always appears on the list of the best festivals in the world. In its line-up we can find artists of all styles: alternative rock, indie, rap, pop, etc. It also represents the youth culture of the 90s and has emerged as the successor to the mythical Woodstock . It is also celebrated in Chile, Brazil and Argentina.
- Date: From August 2 to 5.
- Featured Bands & Artists: Arctic Monkeys, Bruno Mars, The Weeknd, Jack White, Camila Cabello, Portugal The Man.
1. Caochella Valley Music and Art Festival (United States)
If there is a music festival that has earned, on its own merits, the seal of “Best Festival in the World”, it is undoubtedly Coachella. In addition to having a heart-stopping line-up, with bands from different musical genres, it is known for the tradition of its attendees wearing 70s hippie clothes. Celebrities from all walks of life tend to attend.
- Date: From April 13 to 22
- Featured Bands & Artists: A Perfect Circle, Alan Walker, Eminem, Jamiroquai, Kygo, Nothing But Thieves, PVRIS, The Drums.