Sometimes we go through periods in which everything is cloudy around us, while we feel that our strength is weakening. Others before us also lived through unpleasant experiences and came out ahead, leaving us their words of encouragement for posterity to prevent us from falling into discouragement and continue to get up despite everything.
- You may be interested: 25 questions about life and existence (with answers).
The 45 best phrases of encouragement to motivate us
We hope that this almost fifty phrases of encouragement will serve you for those moments that you need it most.
1. If you fall seven times, get up eight
. What better than to start with one of the most mythical and meaningful phrases of encouragement?
After all, we are encouraged not to faint along the path of life, because falls do not It’s going to be…
2. Who wants something, costs something
What has the most value, is often what costs the most effort to achieve.
3. Every butterfly has gone through a period of larva
There is no need to be in a hurry, everything ends up arriving.
4. Scream and cry all you want, but don’t give up!
Nobody said it was going to be easy, so let’s move on.
5. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So: drop the moorings, sail far from the port, catch the trade winds in your sails, explore, dream, discover, LIVE!
Like the protagonists of his novels, the intrepid Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain gives us this phrase to encourage us to go out and discover the world.
6. It’s just a bad day, not a bad life
Sometimes we have the feeling that misfortunes never come alone and that we don’t lift our heads, but it’s not like that. You don’t have to sink at the first, second, third or nth change.
7. Every storm ends up subsiding
Contrary to phrases of encouragement , it is often said that “after calm there is always a storm”, but we believe that for this occasion it is better to turn that statement around and see the bright side.
8. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success: if you love what you do, you will succeed
A great man from disciplines as opposed as Medicine and Philosophy were, such as Albert Schweitzer , is the most suitable person to remind us through this encouraging phrase, that the passion for what we do is vital if we want to be the best at it.
9. To climb high, sometimes you have to fall very low first
Many people do not realize that the fall can mean a later impulse.
10. No sailor learned to sail on a calm sea
Behind this similar sailor hides one of the most illustrative phrases of encouragement : where we learn the most is from adversity.
11. You will not be able to solve any problem thinking in the same way as when you created it
. This ingenious hopeful phrase tells us that to solve a problem, what we must do is approach it from a different perspective that does not prevent us from glimpsing the solution.
12. I have never met a strong person with an easy past
Difficulties serve to harden us from experience so as not to repeat any mistake.
13. Rome was not built in a day
. Who has not been told, being an infant, one of thegreat phrases of encouragement to look to the future with optimism
14. You can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs
To reach certain goals, you have to make some drastic decisions.
15. I see a lot of potential in you, take advantage of it!
Sometimes we just need a phrase of encouragement to push us forward.
16. Fall in love with yourself before someone else
A phrase of encouragement that we dedicate to the Witnesses of Romantic Love.
17. Better alone than in bad company
Before being with someone who does not deserve the effort, it is better to spend some time alone to order our priorities.
18. The best revenge is massive success
… Frank Sinatra said, an example that with perseverance and tenacity we can achieve what we set out to do.
19. You don’t need anyone else to be happy than yourself
If you know someone who is in an emotional slump, remind them with this phrase of encouragement, that the power to be happy is in their hands.
20. If you are going through hell, keep going
Winston Churchill knew a lot about hell , because he was British Prime Minister during one of the most convulsive times in history: World War II.
21. “You will be happy, but first I will make you strong”, said Life
The road to happiness seems to be full of obstacles. Anyone who believes otherwise has a problem.
22. Nothing is forever, not even our problems
Although sometimes it may not seem like it to us, everything ends.
23. The sooner you do it, the sooner you’ll finish it
Many teachers used to pass on phrases of encouragement like this to us . What did those at your school tell you to cheer you up? 24. Fortune
once, but misfortune has much more patience . regarding what is going to be found in life.
25. The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is now
Many Chinese proverbs are full of optimism and hope.
26. It is not your years of life that counts, but the life in your years
One of the best presidents of the United States bequeaths us one of his most encouraging phrases so that we make the most of the time we have.
27. When the road gets tough, only the tough keep walking
it Try not to find yourself among those who abandon.
28. What may seem like an end to you, is actually a new beginning
Or as they say: “there is light after the tunnel”. Come on, let’s not let ourselves sink by circumstances.
29. Everything seems impossible until it is done
. Is there anyone better than Nelson Mandela to remind us that fighting misfortune has its results?
30. The world is not in your books and maps. It’s out there
In the movies we also find phrases of encouragement, like this one from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012).
- You may be interested: 55 cool phrases to share with your friends.
31. We age not when our skin wrinkles, but when our dreams and hopes do
Statements of this type should serve so that we do not rest on our laurels and live focused on fulfilling our dreams. We must not resign either to them or to our hopes.
32. If you spend your life in fear, you will never be able to fulfill your dreams
. Fear is a blocking sensation that prevents us from moving when it is time to do so.
34. Do not expect to see results right away
According to this phrase of encouragement, patience is a virtue. There is no need to be in a hurry to get results right away.
35. Your current circumstances do not determine where you can go; they just determine where you start
It does not matter from which square you start, the point is to go somewhere.
36. It doesn’t matter how slowly you go, as long as you don’t stop
The phrases of encouragement from the wise Confucius are loaded with optimistic messages.
37. The ladder to success is made of rungs of failures
… And they can crack in our path, so we have to be careful but with a firm step.
38. Falling is not failing, failing is not being able to get up No
matter how many trips we take to the ground, we should not stay lying on it .
39. If you can dream it, you can do it
The creator of the Disney factory never saw limits to his ambition and built an empire from nothing.
40. Even the smallest can change the course of the future
Frodo Bolson found the load he was carrying extremely heavy and did not believe that the Mission of the Ring would be successful. Luckily for him, he had the support of good friends and the advice of wise characters like Galadriel, who conveyed his support to him with this phrase.
41. We must not be afraid of dreaming big
That our dreams are big should not prevent us from wanting to fight to achieve them . We heard this phrase of encouragement in Inception (2010).
42. Resilience is the ability to grow despite having everything against
us. Our friend, the psychologist Miguel Angel Rizaldos, gives us his grain of sand with his phrase of encouragement for those difficult moments.
43. I prefer to die broke, drunk and at 34 and have people talking about me while having dinner; instead of rich, sober, at 90 and without anyone remembering who I was
The great movie Whiplash (2014) also has encouraging phrases in its script like this one, which invites reflection: the concept of success is a matter of perspective .
44. On this day, we will fight! For all that your heart loves of this good land: I call you to fight, Men of the West!
It doesn’t matter that your army, made up of a few hundred soldiers, is being surrounded by 10,000 enemies. This is an excerpt from Aragorn’s speech at the Black Gate, during the emotional climax of The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003)
- You may be interested: 25 short beautiful phrases for day to day.
45. Look on the bright side: did you know that the Chinese use the same word for ‘crisis’ as for ‘opportunity’
/ … YES, ‘CHRISTUNITY’!
We end our phrases of encouragement with a touch of humor, provided by our beloved Homer Simpson.