It doesn’t matter if you’ve hit rock bottom, there are always possibilities. These overcoming phrases of famous and anonymous characters can help us in the personal and sports field. Phrases, words and reflections that teach us something very simple that we always forget: life is constant movement.
- It may interest you: The 40 best beautiful phrases about love and life.
31 phrases of overcoming to move forward
These phrases may be useful to someone who thinks that his life does not have a fixed course. If it keeps going, it’s a good course.
1. Life is short. Live intensely.
One of the most recurrent overcoming phrases, which teaches us that we must live following the philosophy of carpe diem .
2. Being a good loser is learning how to win. (Carl Sandburg)
Overcoming is about learning from mistakes and moving on . As simple as that.
3. Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed. (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
By succeeding we do not mean being more than others. We must find what we can excel atand spend all our time and dedication.
4. Every missed shot is one step closer to the goal.
A great phrase of overcoming that is usually used in sports. If a striker misses an opportunity, he means that he has approached the rival goal.
5. Experience is the name we put to our mistakes. (Oscar Wilde)
This phrase of literary genius goes in the same direction. Life consists of falling and being brave enough to get back up .
6. You are what you think you are. (Paulo Coelho)
What Coelho wants to tell us is that only with effort and perseverance can we achieve self-improvement.
7. Aim for the moon. If you fail, you could give a star. (W. Clement Stone)
To improve ourselves, whether in the sporting or personal field, we must leave our comfort zone .
8. Transform pain into experience. (Oprah Winfrey)
Great phrase of improvement of the North American presenter. Everything bad that happens to us should serve as a lesson for the future .
9. Only I can change my life. Nobody can do it for me. (Carol Burnett)
Change and movement are always synonymous with evolution, and evolution means overcoming .
10. Forget about the clock and follow his pace, go ahead.
An anonymous quote full of wisdom. The passage of time is one of those things that we can never control , so it is better to adapt to it.
11. To be an expert, you first need to be a novice.
Everyone has been through the starting box at one point in their life.
12. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
One of the most famous overcoming phrases that perfectly sums up which is the path to follow: always forward.
13. Dreaming awake has a name: hope. (Aristotle)
All men and women dream of reaching higher heights . The question is how intensely they want it and how willing they are to sacrifice.
14. Surround yourself with positive people and you will be a positive person. (Kellie Pickler)
Always look for those people who bring out the best in you .
15. If it’s in your imagination, it’s authentic.
The path that everyone chooses is not always the right path. Taking your own path, although not easy , can be a shortcut to self-improvement.
16. You find your limits by pushing yourself. (Herbert Simon)
And once you find your limits, don’t settle for having found them . Expand them!
17. When one can, one must. (Charlotte Whitton)
Giving the best of ourselves is always in our hands.
18. You will only grow as a person when you stand up to your fears.
Some are afraid of achieving success because they know that it is linked to failure. Both things are sides of the same coin, the important thing isknow how to deal with failure . That’s what’s really scary.
19. One today is worth two tomorrows. (Benjamin Franklin)
This phrase of overcoming is very similar to the popular saying: “Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today.”
20. Do it or don’t do it, but don’t try. (Master Yoda)
The cinema is also full of quotes that are worth remembering.
- To know more: 101 Star Wars phrases to remember.
21. If you don’t like things, change them! You are not a tree. (Jim Rohn)
A touch of humor always comes in handy . Fortunately, human beings have the ability to reason and take things into perspective.
22. Look in the mirror… that’s your competitor.
Sport improvement consists of beating our own records at all times.
23. You deserve your dream (Octavio Paz)
A very short phrase about personal growth that deserves to be framed.
24. The words “useless”, “failure”, “impossible” or “unachievable” only appear in the dictionary of fools and pessimists. (Napoleon)
Perhaps Napoleon is a bit strict, but those words that he mentions are the ones that we must reject to move forward.
25. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: The fear of failure. Paulo Coelho
Once again, we refer to the words of the Brazilian writer, an expert in leaving us quotes like this one .
26. Step by step and the thing is done. (Charles Atlas)
Sometimes, the barrier is in our mind . We believe that the goal is too far when we have always had to touch it. All that’s missing is movement.
27. If you’re still breathing, don’t stop learning. (Lailah Gifty Akita)
There is always hope as long as there is a glimmer of life within us.
28. If the world seems cold to you, light a fire to warm it (Lucy Larcom)
Or when life gives you lemons, make yourself a lemonade. It doesn’t sound so bombastic, but it’s still true.
29. Happiness is not something that comes prefabricated. It comes from your own actions. Dalai Lama
Reaching new goals (sports or personal) is always accompanied by a certain happiness. It is what is known as personal satisfaction .
30. Never give up. (Winston Churchill)
As easy as that.
31. Go slow, but never back down.
We finish the list of overcoming phrases with this motto that you should always keep in mind.
- Discover more phrases: 61 short motivating phrases to do sports.